Sunday, November 9, 2008

Of Hugs and Kisses (not the chocolate kind)


I had my most-number-of-hugs-in-a-day last Friday, December 21. It was my last day at work before Christmas break. I got to hug and be hugged by people dear to me as we exchanged our merry christmases. I came to realize that embracing is one of my most-liked gestures of affection. The hugs (most of which accompanied by kisses) made me feel warm and comforted. Maybe inside I am still crying… and embraces unconsiously are the taps and touches on my back telling me, hush now.
- Posted on my Friendster Blog - http://lyndsagdy.blog.friendster.com/, some one year ago.
* * *

Today, I bumped into one of the best friends I have, Mon Ruiz - my batchmate. It has been ages now since I last saw this lad. I remember Mon being one of those I used to borrow strengths from during when the times were difficult years back. I wished to solicit strength from him again last two years ago, only, we lost contact.

I was walking my way to PBO yesterday when a car pulled over at my side then, lo and behold! - there was Mon. He was in a hurry but said he was thrilled to see me so he had to quickly stop. We did not talk much because ot the very little time we had, as I was also in a bit of a rush myself. We just hugged a long hug and echanged contact info.

I felt I wanted to cry. Maybe there's still a tinge of struggle inside me that I wanted to sob to this friend.


Maybe inside I am still crying… and embraces unconsiously are the taps and touches on my back telling me, hush now.



No comments: