Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Of Damp Days and Rainbows



5:30 AM today, when I went out of the office it was raining. The streets were damp and I think I smiled when I saw on my way home, two schoolgirls walking under the rain dressed in raincoats and holding their umbrellas over their heads. I wish I could do that - walking under the rain, only I would be soaked to the skin and I would love to do the walking with my Adored One - like I have one (right, Clint?). What would make it even more vivid is when there’s a huge rainbow in the sky. I actually looked up, wishing there was a rainbow. I laughed inside because I was educated early on in my childhood that first, it needed to stop raining and the sun to come out before the multihued adornment can show.

I don’t have any idea why the thought of rainbows unexpectedly filled my head. Maybe my psyche is warning me, I need to add dimensions to my otherwise mundane life… and fill my being with bright hopes.

I have got one wish. I hope, the next time I see a rainbow, it would stay for a long while because it has been long since. I bet I will see and hear Judy Garland singing over at its end:

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW,
WAY UP HIGH
THERE’S A LAND THAT I HEARD OF ONCE IN A LULLABY,
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW,
SKIES ARE BLUE,
AND THE DREAMS THAT YOU DARE TO DREAM
REALLY DO COME TRUE



PS: I just need to put this bit for Clint:

Let no one who loves be called unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.
-James Matthew Barrie

And because of this quote, let this post be:
Chronicles of Unrequited Love Part 2. : )






No comments: