Monday, November 3, 2008

Chronicles of Unrequited Love (Part 1)

"And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind - the one that almost kills its victims. It’s called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space! Yes, you are looking at one such individual. And I have willingly loved that man for over three miserable years! The absolute worst years of my life! The worst Christmases, the worst Birthdays, New Years Eves brought in by tears and Valium. These years that I have been in love have been the darkest days of my life. All because I've been cursed by being in love with a man who does not and will not love me back. Oh God, just the sight of him! Heart pounding! Throat thickening! Absolutely can't swallow! All the usual symptoms."
- A quote from The Holiday that kind of hits far too close to home.

For the past days, I have been regularly speaking with one of my dearest friends Clint Donray Agoncillo. This friend of mine is going through a tough time right now, which I believe, he can get way past with ease and pride if he played his cards well enough. He is in the so-common state of unrequited love. I myself have had my fair share of this story, that when it comes my way again, I am determined to face it with a whole new attitude. I love myself better now. When by accident I stepped on that slippery slope, I will… I will… hmmmm… I don’t know (laughs).

As for now, let this post and the next few sequels of it, be my tribute to Clint and others who might be in the same circumstance of unreciprocated love. Some of the posts preceding this one will speak about...UNREQUITED LOVE.

No comments: