Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What's Your Comfort food?

Also posted on my Friendster Blog





I was browsing through my pictures the other day and I came across this set from one out-of-town getaway I had with July and Anne. I remember it was just two weeks after I came back to work after a long sick leave because of the accident. One running tradition I have been doing with July, Anne, Yna and AJ is meeting together after sometime of not seeing each other because of our busy schedules and have our one short day for a lifetime of fun. We would just meet for breakfast or lunch, then go somewhere quiet and there we would do our catching-ups and updates.That time AJ and Yna were not able to come. Without any plans Anne (who was like 8 months pregnant then with my inaanak) and I decided to go with July to his appointment in Angeles. We drove all the way to Pampanga, went to July's, to his appointment and he brought us to this specialty restaurant, Northern Brews where we ate special pancakes over a round of laughs and stories. I could not even remember what each of our pancakes were called. I just remembered I had much fun eating them, feeling my soul was satisfied. They were palatable, fancy and delicious. I recall, I had much challenge moving around that time. My foot was still aching and I could not bear long walks. I decided to hit the road with them anyway. I just missed them so much. I realized the pancake I ate somewhat comforted me and the laughters we shared lifted my wounded spirit. Is pancake my comfort food? Maybe yes. But the best part of it was that I ate and shared my pancake with my comfort friends. I hope to get my second helping soon.

No comments: