Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Being Mark Twain

Mark Twain has been one of my favorite poets of all time. You may know Mark Twain for some of his very popular books like Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. He was a writer and also a humorist, satirist and lecturer.

He once said/wrote: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Twenty years ago, I was a kid trying to keep a personal journal. It was a journal, a diary of sort that intended to tell travelogues of my daily life - at school, at church, at play. I lost maintenance of it as I was growing up. I realized I was a young blogger back then. I also realized I was not able to fossilize my early childhood memories as I failed to put more entries into it.

Now, I would like to keep record of my thoughts and feelings to this time capsule that I would love to revisit years from now.

To all who might be interested, the next posts on this blog site will be some chunks of my mind, my heart, of the things that make me happy, things that make me cry...
Here goes some bits and pieces of my life which I would like to share. Enjoy!!

Being Twain,
Lyndon

No comments: